Welcome to the Media Center!
Can't remember how to get to Destiny Discover to find a book? Check out these step-by-step instructions!
- The Library is open from 7:55 AM to 4:15 PM, Monday through Thursday.
INFORMATION ON CHECKING OUT BOOKS
- Each student is allowed to check out 2 books at a time for two weeks at a time.
- The library does not charge fines for overdue books. Books will still need to be renewed every two weeks, though. If after 30 days, the book is not renewed or returned, it will be marked as lost and the student will need to return or pay for the item.
- Students may renew their book(s) as many times as they need to, so long as it is not on hold for another student. Books that are on hold will need to be turned in on their due date. A library aide will let you know if the book you'd like to renew is on hold for another student.
PLACING A BOOK ON HOLD
To place a hold on a book, click on the "Place a Book on Hold" tab to the left of this page. Then click on the provided link to request a book. Fill out the form completely. When the requested book is ready, we will deliver your requested book(s) to your ELA class during scheduled library class time.
Check out these quick links for accessing the school library catalog, finding your next book, or checking the Lexile level of your book:
MIDDLETON MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY GOALS
- Develop a lifelong love for reading
- Explore new ideas and information
- Examine and evaluate a variety of print and electronic information
- Understand different methods of communication
- Build self-confidence through reading and writing