Fast Forward
  • The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458.

    The funds can be used for:

    Dual Credits

    Dual credit courses are taken by high school students. These courses are transcribed on both their high school and college transcripts. The Fast Forward program can pay for up to $75.00 per credit. In most cases, the cost of these credits is $65.00. Dual Credit courses can also be taken online, by virtual conferencing, or in some cases students can go directly to the college/university campus. All dual credit courses must be transcribed on the students’ high school transcript.

    Overload Courses

    An overload course is a high school level course that is taken in excess of the student’s regular school day. These courses are offered online, during the summertime, and after school. In the event that student incurs a cost for such courses, the Fast Forward program can pay up to $225.00 for the cost of the course. Overload courses must be above and beyond the full course load offered by the student’s local school.

    • Fast Forward funds may not be used for repeated or remedial course work.

    Student enrollment deadlines:

    Students/parents need to check the advanced opps website for current deadlines.

    Students enrolled in a year long class such as: English, US History, American Government etc...   Enrollment for dual credit will occur the second semester of the course.  If a student is enrolled in a semester long dual credit course such as: Health, Econ, Lifetime Activities etc... Enrollment will take place the semester the class is taken.

    Students must have participation from completed prior to funding authorization

    Students can use dollars to cover exams:  Advanced Placement and Professional Technical  Certification

    If a student fails a course or courses they will have to pay out of pocket the amount disbursed for the failed classes before any reimbursement for additional funds will be allocated.

    Classes must be worth at minimum high school credit to be eligible for funding.

    Some colleges and universities have a minimum GPA requirement to be eligible to enroll in classes.  Students may be denied enrollment based on that requirement.

    Enrollment is a two part process:

    Students Complete the University/college registration form provided by your concurrent credit teacher. Note: Some colleges, such as ISU, CWI, and BSU may require students to complete registration online. Please note that applying for Fast Forward funds is separate from registering for the college course. Students must still enroll for college course through the institution, such as BSU, CWI, NNU, ISU and U of I, in addition to applying for Fast Forward funds through the state portal.