Welcome to the Media Center!
- 7:45 am to 4:00 pm
- The library is open during lunch periods for students to read, play board games, or do homework. You must get a pass from Mrs. Nicholls or a library aide BEFORE your lunch if you would like to come in.
INFORMATION ON CHECKING OUT BOOKS
- Each student is allowed to check out 2 books at a time.
- The books are due in 2 weeks.
- The library does not charge fines for overdue books. Books will still need to be renewed every two weeks, though. If after 30 days, the book is not renewed or returned, it will be marked as lost and the student will need to return or pay for the item.
- You may renew your book as many times as you need to, so long as it is not on hold for another student. Books that are on hold will need to be turned in on their due date. A library aide will let you know if the book you'd like to renew is on hold for another student.
PLACING A BOOK ON HOLD
There are two ways to place a book on hold:
- Give the library aide at the checkout desk your name and the title of the book you'd like to put on hold.
- Email Mrs. Nicholls at email@example.com. In the email, provide your first and last name, your grade level, and the book you'd like to put on hold.
Check out these quick links for accessing the school library catalog, finding your next book, or checking the Lexile level of your book:
MIDDLETON MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY GOALS
- Develop a lifelong love for reading
- Explore new ideas and information
- Examine and evaluate a variety of print and electronic information
- Understand different methods of communication
- Build self-confidence through reading and writing